B4 2021 Session 4: Assessing and testing high efficiency residential boilers
August 10, 2021
As technology and system controls evolve, assessing high-efficiency residential boiler systems has become more complicated. Join us for an engaging discussion on how to maximize system efficiency of boiler systems, including strategies for more effective assessments and inspections. By learning what it takes to ensure proper assessment and installation, we can meet specifications while improving customer satisfaction and comfort.
We continue the overview of high-efficiency water boilers with an interactive discussion. Bring your questions as you will have an opportunity to ask our panel experts about the technology of today's systems and the challenges of installing, evaluating, and verifying high-efficiency boilers.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Discuss the features and components of high efficiency hot water boiler systems
- Review strategies to maximize boiler efficiency
- Summarize boiler distribution needs
- Highlight tips and tricks for installation verification
Continuing Education Credits
- BPI This course has been pre-approved for 0.75 BPI CEUs.
- NAHB This on-demand webinar offers 1.5 hours of continuing education credit for the following NAHB professional designations: CAPS, CGA, CGB, CGP, CGR, GMB, GMR and Master CGP.
- NARI This course is approved for 1.5 NARI CEUs.
- RESNET The Better Buildings: Better Business Conference is a regional RESNET Conference and this course has been approved by RESNET for 1.5 professional development credits.
- WI-DSPS Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services has approved this course for 1.5 CEUs for the following credentials: Boiler-Pressure Vessel Inspector Certification, Dwelling Contractor Qualifier Certification, UDC-Construction Inspector Certification, and UDC-HVAC Inspector Certification. Note that you may not retake the same course for credit more than once during the 1-, 2- or 4-year term of your specific credential.
This course will not be pre-approved for GBCI credits; however, if you believe the content is applicable to your credential, you can self-report credits.
Credits are only available for the technical session.
Click here for an important note on continuing education credits
If you need continuing education credits for this webinar, you will need to pass a quiz with a score of 80% or higher. You will be able to view the course on-demand, take the quiz, and complete the evaluation in Slipstream’s Learning Management System. Create an account (you only need to do this once) or go directly to the on-demand webinar. This link will not allow you to access the LMS until AFTER the live broadcast. The quiz will be available immediately after the live broadcast ends and the on-demand recording will be posted within a few days of the live broadcast ending. All credits have different expiration dates, so it is to your advantage to take the quiz as soon as possible.
About Our Speakers
Asit Patel, CEM, CEA, EBCP
ANP Energy Consulting Services
Asit Patel is an adjunct trainer for the Association for Energy Affordability, Inc., delivering technical education in energy efficient building operations and management to over 3,500 contractors, energy professionals, and building management and operations staff.
Asit is also President of ANP Energy Consulting Services Corp and has over 24 years of experience in energy auditing, training, design engineering, and operational aspects of energy use and improvement in multi-family and commercial building sector of our industry.
Asit is a Certified Energy Manager (CEM), Certified Energy Auditor (CEA), and Existing Building Commissioning Professional (EBCP). Previously, he served as President of Association of Energy Engineers (2016) and is a 2013 recipient of the International Energy Professional Development Award.
Paul LeBreck is an HVAC Technician with a degree in HVAC/R from NWTC in Green Bay, WI. Paul has been servicing and installing all types of HVAC equipment for 23 years. Paul has been employed with NEWCAP in Oconto, WI as a Plumbing/HVAC Superintendent since 2009 specializing in residential HVAC installation and service.