Position yourself as a market leader. The Better Buildings: Better Business Conference provides one central hub where builders, suppliers, manufacturers, contractors and the industry can find out what they need to know to stay current and ahead of trends. The conference is powered by two strong partners: Slipstream and the Wisconsin Builders Foundation. Slipstream brings nationally-recognized expertise in quality construction, energy efficiency and building science for health while the WBF brings Wisconsin's most successful home builders and leading suppliers.
Who should attend?
Builders, remodelers, architects, building performance consultants, code officials, contractors, designers, educators, government officials, home inspectors, HVAC contractors, realtors, renewable energy contractors, manufacturers, multifamily owners and managers, researchers, students, suppliers, utility representatives, weatherization specialists...and anyone involved in the residential building community.
What credits are available?
Credits are being offered by the following accreditation organizations. More information can be found on the learn + connect page:
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI)
- Building Performance Institute (BPI)
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI)
- Passive House Institute US (PHIUS)
- Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) *
- Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services (DSPS)
Note that sessions will not be pre-approved for GBCI credits this year; however, if you believe the content is applicable to your credential, you can self-report credits.
*This is a RESNET Regional Conference and the core conference fulfills rater PD requirements for a three-year period. If you only attend the pre-conference session called 'Getting to zero with Passive House', you will receive 6.5 PD Credits.
What topics will be covered?
- Building science research and emerging technologies
- Business development strategies
- Codes and standards
- High performance HVAC systems: installation, service and sizing
- Indoor air quality
- New construction practices
- Remodeling practices
What should I wear?
Most participants dress casual or business casual during the conference. Meeting room temperatures may vary so we recommend that you bring a sweater or jacket to ensure comfort.
What is the greenhouse gas emissions offset contribution?
Where will my Greenhouse Gas Emissions Offset Contribution go? We will send all money contributed to Terrapass.
By contributing to this offset, do I own part of the project that’s funded? No, you are contributing funds to a project, but you do not own any part of it.